We are happy to announce our company’s expansion into the gorgeous Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee!
After serving beachy, tropical Sarasota-Manatee in southwest Florida for more than 20 years, Brian Deckard and the team are now bringing our web design and digital marketing services to the Carolina High Country.
Headquartered in Avery County just outside Watauga, Deckard & Company’s northern operations—Elk Park, Boone, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, Sugar Mountain—will provide the same boutique, one-on-one digital marketing, design, and website management expertise that have already benefitted our dozens of clients over the years.
Our focus, as it always has been, will continue to be the small businesses, nonprofits and community organizations in an area that’s home to great people, history and character as well as unbeatable natural features. If your company or project needs a digital presence, please consider Deckard & Co. Here are some of the ways we stand out.
A Small Business Serving Small Businesses
Too often, I see small businesses resorting to conglomerate corporate website work. And I understand! You have to streamline your time and your expenses, and these guys pop out shiny-looking products for what seems like a good price.
But partnering with another small business is an even more pertinent, efficient, and cost-effective solution in many ways.
- I understand your concerns. They’re the same concerns I have as a small business owner.
- I personally will get to know you and your organization’s operations. I am personally invested in your success, and there’s nothing for me to hide behind.
- My prices represent the cost of my services and labor, not markups from an unseen chain of shady dealings.
- We are nimble and efficient. You don’t have to adjust your desires to our services. We’re able to work with you to provide what you need and want.
We Offer a Full Suite of Custom Digital Marketing Services
One of the many advantages of gaining more than 20 years of experience in an industry is that I’ve developed a fondness for doing things the right way. What this means for you is that I’d rather give you a lot of great services rather than focusing on a narrow specialty and seeing your other digital services founder.
It all started with website design. I build custom WordPress sites from the ground up. I hate seeing the same website everywhere I look—especially when I know that small businesses are so unique and special, and their website should reflect that.
From there it’s important to incorporate well-honed SEO services—because a great website means nothing if no one ever sees it.
My website management services also ensure that every one of my clients’ sites is properly configured for the best, safest, most secure and reliable website hosting experience.
And the content of your website matters as much as the design. I’m not going to grab a bunch of plugins that will be slow or broken or obsolete in six months. (Deckard & Co. also provides custom copywriting content from a journalist and copywriter with more than 20 years’ experience.)
And social media is a tremendously important part of anyone’s digital presence. We offer social medial services in coordination with our design and content creation, to synchronize and maximize all aspects of your digital presence.
Our Services are Never Outsourced
Once again, just to be clear: Deckard & Company does not use outsourcing. We provide all of our services ourselves.
We’re not just charging you a markup on someone else’s generic, roughshod, one-size-fits-all “service.”
I never ever outsource—nor will I ever—for a lot of reasons:
- Overseas organizations don’t know you or your business, and they don’t know this region they’re supposedly marketing to.
- Outsourcing takes the creative aspect out of our hands. I got into this business because I was driven to design websites, and I still have a passion for creative digital work. It would break my heart to see that task outsourced to a factory that would just slap your information into a template and call it a day.
- Outsourcing also takes the power out of our hands. If you need something done differently, or if there’s a problem with your website’s design, its operation, or its configuration within the server, outsourcing would mean that I have to track someone else down in some other place and negotiate a fix. Managing our clients’ sites ourselves means we can go in immediately and upgrade, edit, adjust or fix your site in the fastest and best way possible.
- In short, outsourcing is impersonal, and I’m a people person. I want to serve you and your business, and I want to ensure there are as few barriers to our communication as possible.
My team and I are here to help you and your business. Nothing in between.